Full time training designer role (content development)
Role: Full time Training Designer (Content Developer)
Benefits: 25 holidays per year.
We are currently growing quickly and have created a new Training Designer role to write, produce and design training and course materials for our large range of clients across all industries. (Note – this is not a graphic design or online training role!). You will be developing training content that is fresh, current, and centred around our brand promise of developing natural style and personality. We have a big focus on sales training, so you will need to have some experience in this field, but we also offer learning solutions in the following areas: leadership, customer service, account management and negotiation.
This job will be demanding, with tight deadlines and complex challenges. You will be at the heart of the success and profitability of the company through development of effective and efficient training content that delivers an outstanding training experience and ROI to our customers.
Right up to the Board level, you will meet some phenomenal clients such as Clarins, Dell and Unicef who demand, and receive from Natural Training, the most creative and relevant training in the market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with our Operations and Sales Departments, and our customers, develop course materials from the existing library and from a “blank sheet of paper”. Includes research as needed to obtain complete, correct and current information.
- Maintain content in a library of reusable assets such as pictures, video, and templates.
- Design, develop, author, narrate, record, edit, and implement training content and e-learning including handouts, checklists, manuals, tests/quizzes, presentations, scripts, video, audio, etc.
- Produce, edit, and deliver engaging training content through web-based, instructor-led, and virtual classroom learning formats.
- Deliver and attend training for 2-4 days per month to ensure material is effective and to improve current training library.
- Design and develop learning outcomes assessment activities, including assessment questions, scenarios, and simulations.
- Proof-read and edit content for proper use of grammar, punctuation, style, and brand guidelines. Review and test content for accuracy and usability.
- Assist the sales team to produce training outlines to provide to clients.
- Review and evaluate training materials and programs as part of our continuous improvement quality program.
- Work with Director, Faculty, and stakeholders to implement learning solutions.
- This role is 80% office based (London EC2), so a short travel time to the office will be an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Create engaging, interactive, and effective training and performance support materials that enable course-learning objectives and enhance performance.
- Application of adult learning and blended learning principles, with special attention to the 70 : 20 : 10 principle of learning transfer.
- Strong training writing and training content development skills, with focused attention to details with the ability to analyse, organise, and effectively communicate complex ideas through writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and provide professional narration for recorded training resources, such as train the trainer
- Strong proficiency with MS Word & PowerPoint.
- Strong advisor/partnering skills to work effectively with peers, subject matter experts, and other business partners
- Ability to quickly learn subject matter.
- Resourceful in finding information and fact checking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Sales training experience preferred
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you think you would be suitable for the role, to this email address.